- Screen: When you are using the laptop, cut the screen down to the lowest level you can tolerate to squeeze out some extra battery juice. When you are not using it, change the Pavilion screensaver to a blank or black screen, and set it to turn on within a few minutes of inactivity. Graphics and sound effects on screensaver is more power consuming, whereas a blank screen will conserve power.
- Hard Drive & Disk Drive: Avoid using the hard drive and disk drive excessively. Because these are mechanical mechanisms, they consume more power. In some cases, rather than relying on virtual memory which requires more power, adding ram reduce hard drive usage. If your HP Pavilion DV2000 laptop is set to run anti-virus scans periodically, only allow this to happen when you have it connected to AC power via a HP Laptop AC Adapter, because this substantially increases hard drive usage while it is running.
- Cut down external Devices: If your laptop computer has a USB port, keep in mind that removing or shut them down when not in use because USB devices (including your mouse) drain down your laptop batteries. Avoid leaving such devices plugged in longer than they need to be.
- Software: Different software which accomplishes the same functions may cause your DV2000 laptop computer to use different amounts of power. Cut down on programs running in the background otherwise it adds to the CPU load and cut down battery life. Also, remember to not run software directly from a CD-ROM because it will cause the mechanisms to run frequently and consume the power much more.
Buying a spare HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop Battery might be another option for you to work longer without ac power. Be sure to check the battery spec before buying a new one. Here is the spec of the HP DV2000 Battery & the compatible laptop models:
- Type: Li-ion
Capacity: 4400mAh (6 Cell ) / 8800mAh (12 Cell)
- Part Number: 441425-001, 432306-001, 432307-001,417066-001, 446506-001, 446507-001, 454931-001, 455804-001, 441243-141, 436281-141, 441462-251, EV088AA, EV089AA, HSTNN-DB32, HSTNN-IB32, HSTNN-Q21C, HSTNN-Q33C, HSTNN-W34C, HSTNN-W20C, HSTNN-C17C, HSTNN-IB42.
- HP Pavilion: DV2000 DV2100 DV2200 DV2300 DV2400 DV2500 DV2600 DV2700 DV2800 DV2900 Series
- HP Pavilion: DV6000 DV6100 DV6200 DV6300 DV6400 DV6500 DV6600 DV6700 DV6800 DV6900 Series
- HP G6000 and G7000 Series
- COMPAQ Presario: V3000 V3100 V3200 V3300 V3400 V3500 V3600 V3700 V3800 V3900 Series
- COMPAQ Presario: V6000 V6100 V6200 V6300 V6400 V6500 V6600 V6700 V6800 V6900 Series
- Compaq Presario A900, C700, F500 and F700 Series
For any laptop battery needs, you can come to laptoptraveller.com for high quality battery packs:
Dell Latitude D820 Battery 10.8/11.1V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery
IBM Thinkpad T42P Notebook Battery works with ThinkPad T42P,IBM ThinkPad T43, IBM ThinkPad T43P
Thinkpad T43 Laptop Battery 4400mAh standard capacity
Dell Inspiron 600M Battery 10.8/11.1V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery (6-CELL LI-ION Primary Notebook Battery)
Dell E1505 Battery battery power with Dell 312-0427
Compaq Presario 2100 Battery 14.8V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery
Dell Inspiron 8100 Battery 4400mAh Li-ion High Quality Cell inside
Dell Inspiron 9300 Battery 6600mAh extended capacity rechargeable battery pack