1) Unload drivers for unused devices (ie. USB port, Yenta/PCMCIA, Wireless, IRDA, Bluetooth, …)
2) Reduce polling on devices (drives, USB subsystem, nvram, use SATA AN, …)
3) Reduce hard drive activity
4) Reduce LCD brightness to the minimum you can stand
5) Reduce CPU wakeups, so it can stay longer in deep power saving c-states
6) Make use of every hardware devices available power saving features (AHCI ALPM, USB autosuspend, Alsa and Wireless powersaving modes, HPET timers, …)
The LCD Panel backlight is especially the very major power drain of Lenovo T60. Reducing brightness to the lowest readable level will save a lot of the Lenovo Thinkpad T60 battery lifetime. Also, don’t forget to configure your screen saver to shutdown the screen backlight (rather than displaying some eye candy), when no activity for a few minutes.
You can also let the system automatically reduce brightness after a period of inactivity.
If you’re choosing your Lenovo Thinkpad laptop & accessories, keep in mind that the screen size affects the battery time greatly: more power needed for larger screens.
LaptopTraveller.com is an online laptop batteries expert. If you have any question or need any info about laptop batteries, welcome to www.LaptopTraveller.com:
Lenovo Thinkpad T60 Batteries 11.1V 7200mAh 40Y6799 9 Cell
Sony VGP BPS2A for Vaio VGN AR C FE FJ S SZ
HP Pavilion DV4000 AC Adapter $30.99
PCG-V505 Battery oem part #PCGA-BP2V
VAIO PCG-Z1 Batteries Sony PCGA-BP2V replacement
Sony PCGA Bp2NY Battery works with Sony VAIO PCG-FR33/B PCG-K12 VGN-K30B
Toshiba A105 Battery 4400mAh for Satellite M40, M45, M50, M55 Tecra A3, A4, A5, S2
Satellite M55 Laptop Battery 11.1V 4400mAh Li-ion rechargeable batteries
Toshiba Portege M200 Battery 11.1V PA3191U
Sony VAIO Vgn-TX Series Battery 7.4V 7200mAh Li-ion VGP-BPS5 VGP-BPS5A
Sony VAIO PCG-V505 AC Adapter $29.99
Toshiba A105 Battery $55.79
VGP-BPS5 Battery 7.4V 7200mAh Sony VAIO VGP-TX VGP-TXN Battery