Toshiba Portege M200 Battery – How to Make It Last Long?

Published on by Laptop Battery

Toshiba Portege M200 Battery is a Li-Ion laptop battery which usually has 300-500 battery cycles or with 2 to 4 years of use averagely. However, if the Toshiba M200 Battery is not used properly, it will die soon. To make sure your Toshiba Portege M200 laptop battery can last longer, here is some useful tips and information:


a)      As a Li-Ion battery, the Protege M200 battery should not be fully discharged before being charged. People who used NiCD laptop batteries are used to fully discharge their laptop batteries before charging them, but actually this would reduce the battery life. Even though, the Toshiba M200 battery needs to be fully discharged every 50 charge cycles or so to make sure it can report the correct amount of charge remaining in it.

b)      Storing the Toshiba Portege M200 battery in a cool space. Heat is the No. 1 killer of Li-Ion battery, and the battery life will be reduced if the M200 battery is in a hot space for a long while. Besides, when you are using your Toshiba Portege M200 laptop with an AC adapter and the M200 battery has been charged fully, it is better to remove the battery from your laptop since your Portege m200 battery might be overheated.

c)       If your Toshiba Portege M200 battery will not be used for a long time, it is best to store it with 30-40% charge remaining. Then when you need to use it again, charge it fully before using. Also, store it somewhere cool. The fridge is a good selection, but not the freezer.

d)      Although it should take about 3 hours to fully charge the Toshiba M200 battery, the majority of the charging happens in the first hour. You might notice your battery charges up to about 90% pretty quickly, but then it takes a really long time to charge that remaining 5 or 10%. It is not harmful to the battery to not charge it all the way to 100% every time if you don’t want to (*When it’s new, you should charge it to 100% the first 3 or 4 times to break it in).



Need more laptop batteries? Welcome to

Acer Travelmate 4000 Battery BT.T5003.001, BT.T5003.002, BT.T5005.001, BT.T5005.002, BT.T5007.001, BT.T5007.002, LCBTP03003
Hp Pavilion Dv2000 Battery also work with HP Compaq Presario V3000 V6000
Compaq Presario 2100 Battery
14.8V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery
Dell Inspiron 8100 Battery
4400mAh Li-ion High Quality Dell Inspiron 8100 battery
Dell Inspiron 9300 Battery
6600mAh extended capacity rechargeable battery pack
Sony PCGA-BP71 Battery
Toshiba PA3465U 1BRS
6 cell 4400mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
Toshiba Satellite A15 Battery
4400mAh Li-ion Battery 6 Cell
Pavilion Zv5000 Battery
14.4 6600mAh Li-ion for HP Pavilion zv5000, zv6000, zx5000, zx6000 Series
HP Pavilion Zd8000 Battery
14.4/14.8V Battery6600mAh
HP Dv8000 Battery
4400mAh rechargeable battery pack for hp pavilion dv8000
Dell Latitude D820 Battery UL certificated cells inside! High Quality
Asus Eee Pc 701 Battery 7.4V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery Eee PC 701/900 series
IBM Thinkpad T40 Battery Lenovo ThinkPad T40 Series Hi Capacity Li-Ion Battery – 08K8197
IBM Thinkpad T41 Battery 10.8/11.1V 4400mAh Li-ion Battery
IBM Thinkpad T42 Battery
replace IBM/Lenovo OEM part numbers 08K8195, 92P1011, 92P1060, 92P1071, 92P1075, 92P1087, 92P1089, 92P1091, 92P1101, 08K8192, 08K8193 and 08K8214.

Comment on this post